Desert Mist Diffuser
(approx. 30 m2 / 323 ft2)
|10 hour maximum|
|14.5 (diameter) x 21.6 cm|
|0.79 lbs. (0.36 kg)|
|30 ml of water and oil/hour|
|21025 – Replacement Cover
21027 – Replacement Motor
5260 – Ultrasonic Plate
21029 – Power Adapter
3 run modes
11 lighting options
Young Living Desert Mist Diffuser
The Desert Mist Premium Starter Kit is is the perfect Young Living starter kit for those looking to add a simple-to-use and beautiful diffuser to their health and wellness lifestyle. The Desert Mist Diffuser can be used as a humidifier, atomizer, and aroma diffuser in one stylish product. Designed with an eccentric Moroccan trellis in mind, the Desert Mist Diffuser provides a soothing, exotic, and stylish element in any space. Help enhance your natural environment by replacing harmful household fragrance chemicals with effective, therapeutic grade oils through a cool mist.
This mist diffuser uses ultrasonic frequency technology to generate waves at 1.7 million per second, breaking down high quality oils and water to disperse the beneficial mists into the air. Enjoy the warm glow of the modern design, while filling your home with the scent and benefits of Young Living essential oils. This diffuser diffuses continuously for 5 to 6 hours on high mode, up to 8 hours on low mode, and 10 hours while in intermittent mode. You can also choose from 11 individual light settings, including a beautiful candle-like flicker mode that adds ambiance to any room.
Essential oil diffusers work by adding water to the device’s reservoir, then adding drops of your favorite essential oils. Once turned on, the diffuser will work to create a mist with the oil and water, which is dispelled into the air, releasing wonderful smells and health benefits for your whole family! Simply breathing in this mist is a form of aromatherapy that is extremely effective for so many uses. Try using a diffuser in any room.
We use them to make our house smell good, to combat illness in every family member, especially kids, to support focus, concentration, or motivation, to help little ones sleep, and to support overall wellness and immunity . If you’re a beginner, try using a single oil. The ones that pack a lot of punch and offer versatile benefits are lemon, lavender, and frankincense. Remember that with high quality oils, a little goes a long way, and only a few drops should be sufficient to create the desired effects. For this reason, it’s important to always uses oils from trusted sources like Young Living.
Benefits of Using the Desert Mist Essential Oil Diffuser
There are so many benefits of using a Desert Mist essential oil diffuser. For one thing, it looks great even when it’s not turned on! Other than being a great home decor item, you’ll love the Desert Mist diffuser for these reasons.
Diffusing essential oils is a great way to create or change your mood - for example, to relax, to feel more motivated, to increase concentration, or to soothe away a bad day.
Using a diffuser allows you to create the scent in your home. Rather than smelling like artificial and chemical-filled fragrances, your space can smell however you’d like it to! Fill each room with a harmonizing and subtle scent, naturally.
Improve your overall wellness and immunity using special essential oil blends in your diffuser.
Diffusers are great for helping support sleep! We use them in both of our children’s rooms to help them relax, and always use the Desert Mist diffuser in our room when one of us has a cold or is stressed. The soothing mist created with Peace and Calming oil or lavender soothes everyone to sleep and promotes a restful night.
There are great features in the Desert Mist diffuser, in particular.
- Three run modes which allows you to customize your experience.
- There are 11 different light settings and they can be turned on or off no matter how you’re using the diffuser, which gives you a lot of control over the ambiance in your room.
- The diffuser has a beautiful candle-like flicker mode which lends to a romantic and peaceful atmosphere.
- Change to light cycle mode, so that there is a gentle transition between each color
Desert Mist Diffuser Specs
Product Name: Desert Mist Diffuser
Item No.: 20200
Dimensions: 216 mm height x 145 mm diameter
Material: Polypropylene (PP)Weight: 12.6 oz. (360 g)
Power Source: DC24V 500mA
Power: 12W/soft LED light
Atomized Particle Diameter: 5μmWater Type: Room temperature tap, spring, or distilled water Container Capacity: 180 ml
Coverage Area: 30 sq. m.
Diffusion Run Time: 5–6 hours in High output mode (auto shut off when water reservoir is empty)
Ultrasonic Frequency: 1.7 million waves per second
Desert Mist Diffuser Contents
Desert Mist Diffuser, AC Power Adaptor, and Operation Manual
How to use the Desert Mist Diffuser
It’s important to take care of your diffuser and use it in the way it was designed to be used. The Desert Mist diffuser is a high quality product that will last for years if maintained correctly.
- Take off the decorative outer cover, and the inner lid of the diffuser.
- Ensure that the basin does not have any water in it.
- Turn the unit onto its side and insert the power adaptor plug securely into the jack, found at the bottom of the unit. Once installed, the cord should be able to rotate freely over the air intake vents.
- Put the unit on a hard, flat surface such as a wood floor. Ensure that the cord exits between the feet of the unit.
- Turn the diffuser so that the buttons face you.
- Put water into the reservoir. Ensure that the level does not go over the water fill line.
- Add the right amount of essential oil. For most circumstances, 8-10 drops is appropriate.
- Put the lid back on, aligning the groove on the lid with the half circle feature on the outer surface of the reservoir (above the buttons). Make sure that the lid is flush on the basin to prevent leaking.
- Replace the decorative outer cover.
- Plug the power adaptor into a power outlet.
- Press the On/Off button to switch the unit on.
- The unit should produce mist, and the LED light should be on.
(It’s valued at over $400, you get it all for $165). There are 12 FULL-SIZE 5 ML bottles of Essential Oils included and you get the Diffuser, which alone costs $100!
Always turn off and unplug the diffuser prior to cleaning.
Periodically check under the diffuser to keep the fan intake free of debris.
Use little brush that came with diffuser, dip in rubbing alcohol and rub all around the little plate at the bottom of the diffuser.
Clean at least once of week.
Yes, the Desert Mist diffuser offers a automatic timed shut-off. It also has (3) different run modes you can customize to your own liking.
Yes, the Desert Mist diffuser offers (11) lighting options, including a candle-like flicker mode.
The Desert Mist diffuser covers approximately (323 sq ft).
The Desert Mist diffuser has a 10 hour maximum runtime.
It is around 400ml and there is a red indicator in the dew drop which you must not exceed the level. The mist will normally last about 4 hours and for the drops of oils, do you have a specific use? Many use it to create a comfortable atmosphere, and that will need around 5 to 6 drops.
Yes, when the water levels are low, the diffuser will automatically shut off.
No it is just the essential oil diffuser
Unfortunately the diffuser is cordless and will need to be plugged into an outlet to work and diffuse essential oils.
Yes, you would only have a warranty if you purchased the diffuser directly from Young Living- not through a 3rd party site like Amazon.
We would recommend getting 2 essential oil diffusers to cover that wide of a range.
: 216mm height x 145 mm diameter
Capacity: 100 ml
The dimensions are 216 mm height x 145 mm diameter.
The water doesn’t make a gurgling noise nor a water noise, but you do hear the steam a little bit. It hasn’t bothered my husband or me and we are light sleepers. I hope this helps. It seems a bit crazy the price on this because it is all plastic, but it seems to work very well.
How to Clean Your Desert Mist Diffuser
Seven Simple Steps for cleaning your Desert Mist Diffuser:
- Always make sure the diffuser is unplugged from a power outlet before handling or cleaning it.
- Fill the diffuser part way with clean water. If you have filtered water that is even better. Don’t fill up to the max line, stop before that. Add 5-10 drops of pure white vinegar.
- Turn on the diffuser and let it run for about 5 minutes so that the water-vinegar mixture is allowed to disperse through the entire unit.
- Drain the diffuser. Make sure all liquid is removed.
- Dip a cotton swab in vinegar, and then use it to clean any small spots and corners of the device. Continue until you’ve removed any spots that you see.
- Rinse everything with clean, preferably diluted, water and then empty again.
- Dry with a cloth or cotton balls, or set aside on a drying cloth to air dry.
Desert Mist Diffuser Safety Instructions
If you smell smoke or notice any burning, immediately unplug the diffuser and discontinue use.
Use only room-temperature water. Tap is fine, but spring and distilled water work even better for clearing impurities.
Do not wrap the adapter in anything including cloth or paper. This can cause damage to the diffuser or create fires.
Do not touch the adaptor with moisture on your hands - this can produce electric shock and injury.
If you notice a problem with your diffuser, do not attempt to repair it yourself - this can void the warranty.
Never submerge the diffuser in water.
Any time you need to clean, move, or refill the diffuser you should unplug it.
Do not keep a diffuser near children. Keep them out of reach.
Make sure there are never foreign objects in the water reservoir.
Never place your fingers in the water while the diffuser is operating, this can result in injury.
Diffusers should never be used with acidic or alkaline chemicals.
Only use the power adapter included in the Young Living packaging.
Never shake your diffuser.
Please note that any damage caused by the user will not quality for replacement under Young Living’s guarantee.
Use only a cotton swab or cloth to clean the ultrasonic plate. For best results, use these with rubbing alcohol or a natural detergent. Don’t ever use metal objects to clean.
Use the product only in the ways listed in the Young Living manual provided.
If the diffuser will not be used for an extended period of time, unplug the power adaptor and empty the water reservoir. Clean the unit to prepare for storage. For best results, clean the unit between different essential oils.
Use only 100% pure and natural essential oils such as Young Living. Impure or synthetic fragrances might damage the diffuser.
When adding water, make sure the reservoir level doesn’t exceed the water fill line.
When unplugging your diffuser, grab the adaptor plug instead of the wire.
Some environments are better than others for a diffuser. Do not put your diffuser in direct sunlight, near a refrigerator or fan, or in a hot room.
Young Living Desert Mist Diffuser Warranty
It’s important to understand what Young Living offers with their warranty. Here is an excerpt from their site.
Young Living Essential Oils (YLEO), Thanksgiving Point Business Park, 3125 Executive Parkway, Lehi, Utah 84043, subject to the exclusions contained below, warrants its diffuser to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal consumer usage for a period of 12 calendar months from the date of original purchase.
This Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Defects or damage resulting from use of the product in other than its normal and customary manner;
- Defects or damage from misuse, accident, or neglect;
- Defects or damage from use of natural oils other than those supplied or sold by Young Living Essential Oils or an authorized distributor;
- Defects or damage from use of materials other than essential oils;
- Defects or damage from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, adjustment, or any alteration or modiﬁcation of any kind;
- Breakage or damage caused by use of other than the speciﬁed voltage;
- Products disassembled or repaired by anyone other than a Young Living Essential Oils-authorized agent so as to adversely affect performance or prevent adequate inspection, veriﬁcation, and testing to verify any warranty claim. If there are any signs the diffuser had been opened, the warranty will be void;
- Products with labels removed or illegible serial numbers;
- Marring such as scratches on any plastic surfaces and externally exposed parts resulting from normal use;
- Damage resulting from normal wear and tear; and/or
- Damage resulting from the use of metal tools to clean the unit.
This limited warranty is the buyer’s exclusive remedy, applies to new diffusers purchased from Young Living Essential Oils, and is non-transferable. Please retain your original purchase receipt. In the event of a warranty claim or return for repair, a copy of the purchase receipt should accompany the diffuser when shipped to YLEO. To make a warranty claim or to purchase spare parts, please contact Young Living Member Services at 1.800.371.3515 (6 a.m.–8 p.m., MT, Monday–Friday and 7 a.m.–5 p.m., MT, Saturday). If it is determined by Member Services that the diffuser is to be shipped back to YLEO, the buyer will need to send the product back in its original box (if available) with the power adaptor, a copy of the original purchase receipt, and the YLEO Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA#) displayed clearly on the receipt, which will be provided by Member Services