Exclusive Pricing For Members
Once you experience the benefits of Young Living Essential Oils, it is common to begin searching for ways to include them in different aspects of your daily routine. One of the most frequently asked questions is whether can candles be made with essential oils, and the answer is yes.
A scented candle can be an excellent relaxer, bringing a pleasant fragrance into the home and also maintaining warmth and comfort indoors. By using our essential oil in candles, these attributes may be expanded. Not only would we be on a relaxing journey, but the natural and pleasurable aspect of our products is included.
We want to help include essential oils as an essential part of your day-to-day life. For this reason, we will be sharing how to use essential oils to make scented candles and many other tips about this interesting topic.
How to Use Essential Oils For Candles
Making candles with essential oils is a simple process that will bring you great advantages. You will have natural candles, free of toxins and with an unbeatable aroma. For this you need:
- Soya or beeswax flakes: This will depend on your preference. Soya wax is cheaper and easier to find. In addition, it has a natural aroma, which blends perfectly with the aroma of the oil while burning.
- Essential oils of your preference
- Cotton wick
- Glass bottle
- Wooden stick
Step by Step
- The main thing is to melt the soya wax flakes. Separate the amount according to the candles you want to make. Once you have finished, place a pot of water on the fire and steam your container with wax until it is completely melted.
- Once you confirm that the flakes have dissolved, remove from the heat and pour the oil of your choice into the container with the wax, stir. There are oils that are very concentrated, so the amount should not exceed. This ensures that the fragrance of the candle is not too strong.
- In the glass jar, place the cotton wick and reinforce it with a drop of silicone or tape. Use the wooden stick to tighten the wick so that it does not come loose while you pour the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the glass bottle, without filling it to the top. Let it cool for a day and then cut the cotton wick with a scissors.
Afterwards, you can use your scented candles whenever you want.
Essential Candle Oils
You probably want to know which is the best essential oil for candles, this will depend on what you prefer. Remember that essential oils are natural and this gives them great benefits in wellness, health and other areas.
This means that all essential oils can be used in candles. However, it is important that you define which one to use according to what you need. If you want to relax with scented candles, or generate better energy, stimulate and improve your mood, we will leave you with some recommendations of oils you can use:
If you want to relax the environment, create a comfortable and comforting atmosphere in your home. Candles with chamomile, lavender and cedarwood essential oils are an excellent choice.
Lavender oil helps to reduce stress, improve sleep and also works as an anti-inflammatory. Chamomile, on the other hand, helps control nerves. While cedar works as a painkiller.
To refresh yourself
If you prefer to generate a smell of freshness inside the home. Eucalyptus, pine and lime oils are an ideal alternative. The first one also works as a decongestant for the respiratory tract. This means that you can enjoy an excellent aroma and eliminate possible congestion at the same time.
To activate yourself
Do you want to make candles to improve your mood and energy? It’s possible if you use lemon, orange, grapefruit, or simply Young Living’s Citrus Fresh, a blend of all three.
The properties of these oils, separately or together, are refreshing but also stimulating to increase your vitality and give an extra boost to your day. Peppermint oil is another recommended oil for energizing your lifestyle.
It is important that when using each of these essential oils to make candles, you consider the right amount. One drop may be enough to not concentrate too much scent in our scented candles and still enjoy the qualities they offer for you.
To learn more about essential oils, visit our essential oil uses and benefits page with over 100 different ways you can use essential oils to maintain a healthy lifestyle.