Table of Contents
Young Living Premium Starter Kit With Desert Mist Diffuser
Packed with many favorites, this Young Living Premium Starter Kit contains the Desert Mist Diffuser which is custom-designed with elegance in mind.
What’s Included in the Desert Mist Premium Starter Kit?
- Desert Mist Diffuser
- Premium Essential Oils Collection
- Lavender 5-ml
- Peppermint Vitality™ 5-ml
- Lemon Vitality™ 5-ml
- Valor® 5-ml
- Peace & Calming® 5-ml
- Frankincense 5-ml
- Thieves® Vitality™ 5-ml
- Citrus Fresh™ Vitality 5-ml
- Raven™ 5-ml
- DiGize™ Vitality™ 5-ml
- PanAway® 5-ml
- Stress Away™ 5-ml
- 2 AromaGlide™ Roller Fitment
- Thieves® Waterless Hand Purifier, 1 oz.
- Thieves® Household Cleaner 1-oz. sample
- 2 NingXia Red® 2-oz. samples
- Product Guide and Product Price List
- Product Price List
- Essential Oil Display Tray
There’s nothing like parenting to make you obsess out about absolutely everything! As a parent, you want the absolute best for your family. You will do whatever it takes to prevent your family from getting sick, help them feel better quickly if they do get sick, and of course, ensure they a good night’s sleep. When it comes to your baby, you tend to go a step further to keep him or her comfortable. This is where essential oils can help.
Which Essential Oils are Safe to Use around Babies?
While essential oils have many benefits, some of them are mild enough to use on your baby. Babies with sensitive skin can experience rashes and other skin irritations when essential oils are applied topically. So take note of these oils that you can use on your baby to promote wellness.
- Chamomile essential oil – Calms tense atmospheres
- Cinnamon essential oil – Wonderful for cleansing the air and making the home feel cozy
- Citronella essential oil – Uplifting and insecticidal. Keeps mosquitos out of the house
- Clove essential oil – Kills bacteria and helps relieve pain on babies’ gums
- Frankincense essential oil – Fantastic for everything for babies and children
- Geranium essential oil – Reduces stress. Very useful for children with some autism spectrum disorders
- Lavender essential oil – Restful and calming. Lovely for helping everyone sleep
- Lemon essential oil – Kills airborne germs and make everyone feel better and happier
- Melaleuca (Tea Tree) essential oil – Wipes out bad bacteria
- Oregano essential oil – Another great oil for cleaning the air from germs
- Rose essential oil – Uplifting and promotes even skin tones
- Rosemary essential oil – Uplifting and stimulating
- Vetiver essential oil – Extremely sedating and grounding. Helpful after several sleepless nights
You only need small amounts of essential oil for your newborns and babies to enjoy their benefits. You can make a simple blend of a few of these oils and add them to your diffuser. This will provide a gentle way to soothe your baby. Diffusers have become extremely popular in facilitating DIY mixtures of essential oils.
Using essential oils in a diffuser is a natural way to care for your baby. And the benefits of diffusing essential oils around babies far outweigh the negative. However, there are safety measures you will want to follow.
- Use only high-quality, pure essential oils from trusted sources.
- Set up your essential oil diffuser across the room from where the baby will be lying down.
- Never diffuse with the door shut. Access to fresh airflow is important.
- Diffuse for no more than 15 minutes at a time.
- Diffuse 1-2 drops maximum of essential oil for a 150 ml diffuser.
- Use an essential oil diffuser with intermittent mist; it helps keep the essential oil concentration lower.
- If the concentration is still too strong, you can always dilute it.
Desert Mist Diffuser
Diffusing essential oils is the perfect way to relax, dispel odors, and create an aroma-filled atmosphere of peace and harmony in your home. The Desert Mist Ultrasonic Diffuser is multi-functional; it serves as an aroma diffuser, humidifier, and atomizer. It brings an exotic and modern look to any space. It also promotes a purer environment by replacing harmful chemicals with nature’s very own products.
If you want to continue giving the best to your baby, get your hands on the Desert Mist Ultrasonic Diffuser. It is affordably priced and has three built-in modes to meet your desired diffusing time:
- High mode runs approximately 5 hours continuously.
- Low mode runs approximately 8 hours continuously.
- Intermittent mode (1 minute on/1 minute off) runs approximately 10 hours.
The Desert Mist Utrasonic Diffuser also has 11 different light settings that can be turned off or on independent of diffuser function. It includes a romantic candle-like flicker mode and a light cycle mode, so colors transition gently from one to another. The calm lighting will ensure your baby stays asleep for hours!
Desert Mist Diffuser Recipe
Below are some blends you can use around your baby. Add no more than two drops and diffuse for short periods of time (i.e. 15 minutes) unless instructed by a pediatric physician. Remember every child is different and may react differently so monitor how your baby responds to the aroma.
Whether you are putting your baby to sleep or trying to calm him or her, this blend will work wonders!
- 1-2 drops Lavender oil
- 1-2 drops Chamomile oil
Colds and Congestion
Your baby is too young to use over-the-counter medicine so why not try a natural alternative! This blend will help soothe your baby’s nasal congestion and reduce the symptoms of the common cold.
- 1-2 drops Lavender oil
- 1-2 drops Lemon oil
- 1-2 drops Frankincense oil
Happy nursery, Happy baby! Keep your baby’s space clean with this amazing blend.
- 1-2 drops Lemon oil
- 1-2 drops Tea Tree oil
Always do a skin test first and to dilute oils with a carrier oil, not water — something like coconut oil, jojoba oil, olive oil. A good place to start is by applying diluted oil to the bottom of the child’s foot. The skin is not as sensitive but the oils are easily absorbed from the bottoms of the feet. Wait a few minutes to see how your your baby’s skin reacts. If there is no sign of a rash or any skin irritation, the oil is most likely safe for your baby.
Citrus oils are photosensitive, meaning exposure to sunlight after applying citrus oils topically can result in sunburn. Also should you or your little one experience discomfort or irritation after applying an essential oil topically, simply wipe the area with a cotton pad or washcloth that has a carrier oil on it.
Though natural, essential oils are potent and can be harmful, so you don’t want a baby to ingest them. If you’re applying the oils directly on the skin, choose a part of the body that baby won’t suck on, like behind the ears or in the back; and avoid the face altogether. Also, avoid adding essential oils to the baby’s baths splashing increases the risk of ingestion or eye and skin irritation.
Desert Mist Diffuser FAQ’s:
The Desert Mist diffuser has a 10 hour maximum runtime.
The Desert Mist diffuser covers approximately (323 sq ft).
Yes, the Desert Mist diffuser offers (11) lighting options, including a candle-like flicker mode.
This diffuser does have a built in automatic shut off, which is makes using this diffuser easy and worry free. So the short answer is yes, the diffuser shuts off when the water runs out.
It does not shut off automatically and can damage the unit if it continues to run empty. The oil is what helps it diffuse properly. I have one next to my night stand and find that only a few minutes of run time is enough for wonderful aromatherapy benefits.
It also has (3) different run modes you can customize to your own liking.
Always turn off and unplug the diffuser prior to cleaning.
Periodically check under the diffuser to keep the fan intake free of debris.
Use little brush that came with diffuser, dip in rubbing alcohol and rub all around the little plate at the bottom of the diffuser.
Clean at least once of week.
(It’s valued at over $400, you get it all for $165). There are 12 FULL-SIZE 5 ML bottles of Essential Oils included and you get the Diffuser, which alone costs $100!